Req #: 17013220
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares all entrees, soups and vegetables for all patient and cafeteria meals and special functions.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary work area.
- Maintains product stores.
- Monitors food temperatures per HACCP guidelines.
- Assists other team members with tasks when necessary and able.
What you will need:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training in institutional cooking.High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Must obtain and maintain current Texas Food Handler Certificate or higher certification within 14 days of hire.
- ServSafe preferred
- Certified Food Protection Professional preferred
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one‑on‑one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient dietary information and related records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, and apply these skills to quantifying recipes.