$2,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Medical Laboratory Scientist Nights
Req #: 17012941
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Laboratory
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately performs and expeditiously reports laboratory tests, according to departmental policies, CLIA law and regulatory standards.
- Determines identity and suitability of specimens when received, according to procedure policies. *
- Assures test accuracy by performing and recording control testing, in accordance with departmental policy on each shift, as observed by the department supervisor. *
- Performs tests in accordance with department policy and reports results in a timely manner, as documented in test records. *
- Organizes daily work efficiently and expedites testing as observed by supervisor. *
- Investigates problems and takes initiative in resolving them, both technical and non-technical, and communicates the outcome to the appropriate individual. *
- Reviews integrity of report by checking legibility, completeness and credibility of results prior to releasing, as observed by supervisor. *
- Accurately performs, records, transcribes or reviews proficiency testing material by the stated deadline, according to laboratory policy and CLIA law, as evidenced in the survey evaluation results. *
- Maintains instrumentation and department supplies in order to ensure efficient departmental operations.
- Performs and documents assigned equipment maintenance duties per shift according to maintenance manuals. *
- Restocks department supplies on a regular basis to ensure adequacy of inventory, as documented on department checklist.
- Recognizes problems in instrumentation, performs first line repairs as outlined in procedure manual and notifies appropriate individual if unable to adequately alleviate the problem.
- Promotes and contributes positively to intradepartmental and interdepartmental communications to ensure efficient departmental operation.
- Answers telephone and pages promptly and in a courteous manner, identifying self and department at all times.
- Assists in orientation and training of new associates unfamiliar with the department, as observed by the supervisor.
- Relays all appropriate information during shift hand-off, and ensures department is covered prior to leaving.
- Demonstrates good judgment in directing phone calls or questions to the appropriate department or individual.
- Promotes a safe working environment by regimented clean up and adherence to safety manuals.
- Adheres to established departmental guidelines for clean up on each shift.
- Protects self and co-workers by practicing safety precautions as established in safety and infection control manuals. *
- Maintains appropriate departmental records and filing systems to ensure the expeditious retrieval of information and to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that results are properly filed and that data is recorded in a legible manner as evidenced in departmental records.
- Exhibits ability to perform essential computer operations pertaining to job duties.
- Performs outpatient ordering as defined in the department policy.
- Maintains a professional attitude in the work place regarding procedures, personnel and continuing education.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new procedures and instrumentation by attending training sessions and becoming familiar with new revisions as they occur.
- Reviews policies frequently, assists in updating contents and complies with procedures contained therein.
- Demonstrates flexibility by being able to work various departments and alternative shifts when requested.
- Exhibits willingness to help associates in their tasks when able.
- Accepts constructive criticism and feedback.
- Maintains necessary continuing education credits, keeps required competencies current, and maintains valid ASCP Certification. *
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Must have a B.S. degree in Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science or a related science.
- At least one year of experience is preferred.
- Valid ASCP Technologist/Scientist Certification