Endo Tech PRN
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle
You will be responsible for:
- Assists RN with transport of patients when necessary.
- Assists physicians with endoscopic procedures in O.R. and Endoscopy Suite.
- Explains procedure as necessary to the patient and provides emotional support.
- Assists RN with patient positioning and preparation prior to procedures in O.R. and Endoscopy Suite.
- Orders and stocks supplies as necessary.
- Performs EKG procedures if necessary pre/intra/post procedure.
- Maintains equipment and reports malfunctioning equipment to evaluator in a timely manner.
- Accurately enters data into the computer and endoscopy equipment as required for procedures.
- Maintains a clean pre and post procedure room environment by cleaning and preparing each area immediately following a procedure to ensure it is ready for future procedures
- Provides safety for patients and co-workers according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Follows all departmental policies to provide quality care to patients and courtesy to co-workers.
- Develops self professionally and participates in departmental activities.
- Works with co-workers in a professional manner both within the department and throughout the hospital.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to six months related experience and/or training in healthcare setting.
- Must have BCLS.