Quality Liason/Patient Care Advocate Full Time Days Gordon Hospital
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
The Patient Care Advocate position is an outreach position to patients who need care for a variety of medical conditions that are identified by data analysis. Chart reviews will be undertaken to determine if patient meets criteria for outreach. Patients will be contacted and appropriate appointments made, lab or imaging studies ordered to facilitate the care of the patient. Contact with patient’s primary care provider will be required to ensure coordination of care. The Patient Care Advocate position will coordinate, assist, and implement quality improvement initiatives within Physician Enterprise. This may involve researching data, developing project plans, monitoring quality improvement activities, individual case review, serving as a resource and providing education to team members, providers, and practitioners.
- Develops and implements training plans to educate end users for assigned projects.
- Facilitates end-user training programs and ensures proper training material is available and provided prior to and during training.
- Provides medical literature research service to the patient, family or health care provider.
- Engage with the employer to negotiate a mutual beneficial solution for the employer and the patient.
- Communicates effectively and courteously on the telephone and in person with patients and colleagues.
- High school graduate
- Other related medical or science degree/certification
- Two or more years of clinical experience preferred
- Two or more years of EMR experience preferred