Member Ambassador Spira Care Olathe Clinic FT Days
Req #: 17013294
Location: SM SMPG SPIRA CARE OLATHE, US
Job Category: Administrative
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time or Part Time Hours Available
Clinics will operate from 8:00AM - 7:30PM M-F and Saturday 8:00AM - 12:00PM (two days extended hours per clinic)
Spira Care Meets Shawnee Mission Health
Spira Care, a partnership between Shawnee Mission Health and a local health and wellness organization, has been designed to put patients first and to give care professionals a place where they will see the difference they make in people’s lives. We’re looking for professionals willing to bring a new way of thinking and a new drive to their careers, as a part of the Care Teams supporting our new state-of-the art Care Centers. When we say Spira Care is a different kind of care, we mean it. Our patients are Members, not just patients. They specifically choose Spira Care for all their primary care needs. That means you’ll be helping people who chose you and your Spira Care Teammates to provide them with the care they need for both themselves and their families.
At Spira Care, everything is about giving people a place they can trust and count on, whether it’s a routine checkup or a need for something more acute. Spira Care is based on a simple belief: healthcare should be a place, not a plan. That belief guides the design of our Care Centers, the member-focused way we provide care, the technology we use, and— most importantly—the workplace culture we’re building. The hours at Spira Care reflect our commitment to convenience and catering to our members. Each Care Center will have evening hours two nights per week and rotating Saturday hours.
If you join our team, you will face the daily challenge of living up to a high standard for the members we serve, and you will have the opportunity to elevate your professional experience with a leadership team that is driven to inspire progress for the members we serve and our community. Our teams are made up of professionals who are open and collaborative, always looking for a new way to solve problems so that members can receive an improved care experience. We’re looking to reward professionals who will not just work at Spira Care, but who will embrace its great possibility by creating its future.Qualifications
The Member Ambassador takes ownership in creating the ultimate first impression experience at Spira Care. They also have knowledge of the broad scope of services offered by Spira Care in order to effectively communicate with members. The Member Ambassador will engage customers and staff to enhance their experience at Spira Care. The primary focus will be exceeding customer expectations by anticipating their needs (taking their coat, offering something to drink, asking how they are doing, treating as a person, not just a patient) and setting the stage for an individualized member experience. Duties include greeting members by name as they enter the Care Center and generally acting in a positive and welcoming manner. This position also provides light secretarial services for the department; coordinating communications and performing clerical duties
· Exceed/anticipate member needs in a positive and courteous manner
· Take ownership in creating a welcoming environment
· Greet the member by name
· Take coat
· Offer a beverage
· Escort the member to the exam room
· Ask probing questions about ‘the person, not the patient’
· Be available to the member until the Intake RN is able to come into the room
· Must be responsive to the needs of a variety of individual (members, physicians, professional staff and associates).
· Must be an active team member, be flexible, be able to function independently, and is adaptable and productive when requested to rotate to various areas in the Care Center.
· Follows the AIDET model (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank).
· Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary.
· Follows the “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital and Spira Care policy.
· Incorporates patient, physician, member needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Greets all visitors and members who come to the Care Center.
· Answers telephone calls if necessary, accepts and relays messages. Possesses a general understanding of the various services offered in the Care Center and answers questions of public inquiry when appropriate, and refers calls when and where indicated.