Our Mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
Accountable to ensure a safe and secure healthcare environment for patients, visitors and staff through direction and oversight of Security Services provided at the hospital and its campus facilities in a complex urban environment. Our team enforces safety and security policies to protect patients and promote a safe, healing environment. Understand the Florida Hospital Tampa Experience program and guides department and each individual officer toward goals of the program through effective coaching and modeled behavior.
The Security Director is responsible for development, implementation and management of the campus wide security program along with the management of fiscal resources to support the security initiative. This individual must possess strong project management skills, and contributes to the strategic planning process, day-to-day operations, standards of care or service, and attainment of organizational goals. Facilitates collaborative problem solving among interdepartmental disciplines. Advocates for and allocates available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe and compassionate service based on best practice standards. Demonstrates technical professionalism in a patient focused clinical environment.
Effectively uses professional and organizational best practices to ensure the delivery of quality service. Ensures that staff incorporates best practice standards into all aspects of care. Models and fosters an environment of professionalism and employee engagement in the department. Promotes shared decision-making and professional autonomy by providing department input and by keeping staff informed of executive level activities.
Establishes and publishes department performance metrics on a regular basis for internal and external audiences.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently
- Ability to communicate effectively via oral and written, in both large and small group setting at different levels of the organization and in public settings;
- Professional attitude as evidenced by discretion and confidentiality;
- Ability to function in demanding, stressful and fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivation, self- confidence, and adaptability;
- Ability to work effectively as a member and to be accepted in a leadership role by a variety of constituents internal and external to the organization;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal leadership skills as evidenced by work history and in the interview process.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Local regulations/standards related to healthcare, security and safety management, including Baker Act standards of care and service.
- Knowledge of healthcare, accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Prior knowledge and participation in healthcare accreditation and regulatory surveys, and policy/procedure management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University.
- Leadership healthcare security enforcement background or 10 years of healthcare security experience with an emphasis on de-escalation techniques, risk reduction, use of technology tools and behavior.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills; strong listening and presentation skills necessary to understand, communicate with, and persuade a range of audiences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited University
- Minimum three to five years of law enforcement training
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Security Class D License required and Florida Drivers’ License (or within 6 months from hire).
- NIMS Training and Certification (or within 6 months from hire).
- HICS Training and Certification (certification within 12 months from hire).
- CPI Crisis Prevention Certification (certification within 12 months).
- IAHSS Management Certification (or within 12 months).
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
IAHSS Supervisory Certified or eligible.