Patient Care Tech Per Diem Gordon Hosptial
Req #: 17010533
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Patient Care Technician I (PCT I) is responsible to perform duties as assigned and directed by the licensed nurse in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of assigned units. The PCT works in cooperation with all team members in an effort to accomplish departmental goals and objectives. The primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate and cost effective patient care. The PCT I may not have completed formal educational training, therefore on the job training may be required.
- Performs as a team member in administering safe and effective patient care.
- Demonstrates competencies in all procedures within scope of practice and as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Demonstrates competency and recognizes own skills, abilities and limitations and is accountable for own actions.
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary healthcare team.
What you will need?
- Valid American Heart Association Healthcare Provider card.
- Licensed paramedic or CNA with a valid Georgia License and BCLS certification preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience preferred.