Unit Liaison Full Time Nights
Full Time, Nights
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- The Unit Liaison is responsible for providing excellent customer service on the nursing unit.
- The Unit Liaison is responsible for surveying the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) for unprocessed orders and assembling / maintaining medical records of all patients on nursing unit.
- Projects a positive, friendly and helpful demeanor while working with patients, visitors, physicians, and staff.
- Responsible for environmental rounds every 2 hours. Environmental rounds include but are not limited to: ensuring patient care items are returned to the bedside table, the over bed tray is free of clutter, equipment is plugged in, nursing alcoves are free of clutter with chairs tucked in, etc.
- Monitors PALS (Patient Access List) and notifies primary nurse of new orders and results pending, minimum of every 30 minutes.
- Monitors BEDBOARD and notifies Charge Nurse or designee of any discrepancies in level of care, minimum every 2 hours.
- Provides Customer Service rounds, responds to patient requests within scope of practice (i.e.: Ice, blankets, toileting, pillows and room temperature).
What will you need?
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must have current BLS.
- Computer proficiency requiredOne year healthcare / customer service experience preferred