Central Service Technician Full Time Evenings
Req #: 17013467
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintains an active relationship with all customers
- Disassemble all instrumentation for cleaning purposes and examination of designated function.
- Determine if a given product is sterile
- Understanding and reading the biological testing results and log
- Knowledge of OSHA and AAMI standards for decontamination, cleaning and sterilization processes.
- Processes all instrumentation, new or opened during a case,
- Understands the theory between infection and cross contamination.
- Cleans and disinfects all durable equipment between patients.
What will you need?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months to a year or related experience and/or training in hospital or central sterile environment preferred. (required)
- Must hold a current certificate in BLS.