Central Service Tech PRN
Req #: 17013481
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under guidance of preceptor is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, assembly, and sterilization of supplies and instrumentation utilized throughout the facility following established national standards and infection control standards.
- Preceptorship until competencies verified.
- Receives soiled and contaminated instruments or equipment from surgery/ Anesthesia/ nursing units.
- Appropriately prepares, cleans, and disinfects instruments and equipment.
- Inspects all instruments and equipment for damages, malfunction or unacceptable condition.
- Prepares instruments and equipment for sterilization by ascertaining correct item and number when applicable.
- Assists with maintaining adequate supply level.
- Maintains cleanliness and proper order in the work area.
- Assists with supply preparation for surgical cases.
- Maintains required records on sterilization.
- Proficient use of all equipment.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous sterile processing technician experience desired.