Clinical Pharmacist PRN Gordon
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
The Clinical Pharmacist shall support the mission of the department, hospital, and health-system by preventing, identifying and resolving drug related problems to assure patient safety, improve Patient satisfaction, optimize patient outcome and minimize cost. He/she may work in the Chemotherapy Infusion Center, as well as the Main or Satellite Pharmacy and patient care areas. He/she will perform all functions of a registered pharmacist including accurate and timely dispensing, clinical interaction with the healthcare team, patient teaching, and technician supervision.
- All medication orders are screened to ensure that drug therapy is appropriate to the ages of the patient served by the hospital (neonatal, pediatric, adult, and geriatric).
- Provides a safe and effective drug control system throughout the hospital.
- Accurately processes medication orders into the computer system with the correct drug, dose and dosage form frequency, duration, and route as compared to the original physician order.
- Dispenses medications for the correct patient in the correct dose, dosage form and amount at the right time.
- Verifies all medications for correctness before they are distributed to patient care areas.
- B.S. degree in Pharmacy with considerable experience in hospital pharmacy
- Current unrestricted Georgia Pharmacist License
- 797 Aseptic Technique
- Sterile Compounding proficiency