Registered Nurse Cancer Care Navigator FT Day Shift
Req #: 17013664
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Cancer Institute
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time Day Shift (40 Hours per week)
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Assists with facilitating an evidence-based, multi-disciplinary, multi-specialty approach to cancer care across the care continuum.
- Assists patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and available resources, including educating eligible patients about appropriate clinical research studies and technologies.
- Serve as an essential link between patients and all other care providers.
- Facilitate appointments for consults and support services within established service standards, including specialty physicians, lab services, diagnostic services, social work, and dietitians.
- Works collaboratively with physicians and clinicians in navigating the cancer care patient (needs ranging from minimal to complex) from the diagnostic phase through treatment planning, medical management and surveillance/survivorship, assuring the patient has appropriate, timely medical and supportive services.
- Participates and supports Tumor Board activities; involvement includes preparation of concise patient summaries for use by the care team and document recommendations made utilizing standardized care protocols in accordance with nationally recognized care guidelines.
- Works collaboratively with Cancer Registry staff and others to collect data, track outcomes, and support strategic planning processes; completes accurate data collection with all appropriate information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conducts community needs assessment at least once every three years to identify the needs of the population served, potential to improve cancer health disparities, and gaps in resources; reports results of needs assessment to the Cancer Committee.
- Works collaboratively with the Cancer Institute Social Worker to assist with patient/family support and education programs, including one-on-one sessions and group forums.
- Responsible for outreach efforts to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key customers (physicians, office staff, diagnostic staff, nurses, social workers, radiation oncology staff, medical oncology staff, etc.).
- Follow patients throughout the care continuum, including inpatient admissions and collaborate with inpatient care management resources.
- Remains current in evidence-based cancer care practice and new emerging trends in cancer care.
- Encourages positive Standards of Behavior by contributing and promoting positive approaches to inter/intra-departmental relationships on a daily basis.
What you will need:
- State of Florida Registered Nurse license
- BLS-CPR certification
- Minimum of B.S. in Nursing from an accredited program.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in Oncology Nursing or area of cancer specialty.
- M.S. Nursing (Preferred)
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) or Certified Breast Care Nurse (CBCN) by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (Preferred)
- ACLS-CPR certification (Preferred)