Emergency Tech Full Time Days
Req #: 17013575
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Emergency Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
You will be responsible for:
- Provides supportive care to patients under the direct supervision of an RN.
- Able to ventilate a patient with an ambu-bag and suction patients as needed which must be under the direct supervision of an RN or provider
- Performs electrocardiogram within the designated timeframe
- Assists patients to unclothe themselves and place patients on the monitor as indicated
- Responds to stroke alerts in the ED and safely transports patients as outlined in the policy
- Provides and documents treatments and procedures as indicated and within the defined scope of practice
- Provides supportive care and comfort by answering patient call lights, anticipating patient needs, and reporting observations to the RN.
- Obtains vital signs, weights, intake and output (I &O), and blood sugars.
- Maintains cart and supplies on the unit required for daily operations
- Participates in purposeful Hourly Rounding.
- Adheres to hospital policy addressing standard precautions, safety regulations and guidelines
- Provides relief for the Health Unit Coordinator and the Quick Registration Technician
- Performs other duties as assigned
What will you need:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Commitment to purposeful hourly rounding
- Completion of High School/GED
- Completion of approved C.N.A., EMT or Certified Medical Assistant
- Current Florida State Nursing Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician certification.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Basic electrocardiogram course (Preferred)
- Phlebotomy certification (Preferred)