Physical Therapist Inpatient FT Days
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes Shawnee Mission Medical Center, SMH – Overland Park and SMH – Prairie Star. The 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have 10 Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 70 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care and Spira Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluates, plans and administers appropriate techniques of treatment as prescribed by a physician.
- Administers patient treatments in a professional manner and within hospital standards.
- Completes timely and thorough documentation.
- Works directly with physicians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Exercise Technicians, Rehabilitation office staff, Rehabilitation IA and Rehabilitation Technicians.
- Obtains appropriate referrals/authorizations to assist the patient and secures reimbursement.
- Assists the patients to maximize their available resources, i.e., insurance coverage, supply and equipment resources.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
What Will You Need?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Kansas Physical Therapist License
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association