Behavioral Health Nurse Manager
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
The Behavioral Health Nurse Manager (BHNM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The BHNM is directly responsible to the Director of Clinical Services (Behavioral Health, Medical Surgical, ICU and PCU) and is responsible for the continual operation of the Behavioral Health Department. The BHNM is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines.
- Human Resource Management – Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate.
- Financial Management – Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care.
- Performance Improvement – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Critical Thinking/Technology – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties.
- Leadership and Clinical Practice Knowledge – Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of the Behavioral Health Department. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality.
- Communication and Relationship Building – Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Enrollment in MSN program within 1 year of hire if not MSN at time of hire
- Current registration with the North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse