Administrative Certified Medical Assistant Full Time Days
Req #: 17013638
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Heartland:
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
• Utilizes critical thinking and prioritization skills to receive, process and distribute correspondence including, but not limited to faxes, incoming mail, voices messages and email in a prompt and efficient manner according to FHHMC HP guidelines.
• Answers questions for patients and family members and routes all other calls correctly. Appropriately connects and disconnects answering service, providing needed information to the service.
• Assists with rooming patients for appointments, obtains accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight, and documents accurately in the practice’s designated system. Ensures consents for treatment are executed according to FHHMC HP guidelines.
• Prepares patient for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
• Explains procedures, treatments and medication to patients and when necessary to significant others prior to implementation.
• Reviews patient charts to ensure that all test results and correspondence are present prior to the physician seeing the patient.
• Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients. Ensures the preparation of exam rooms including restocking of treatment areas and disinfecting of exam tables and counters.
• Ensures all uncollected balances and fees have been reviewed and processed appropriately. Accurately updates, verifies and enters patient demographics including correcting insurance plan and policy number and verifies insurance correctly. Captures referral source and referring physician’s name.
• Enters the appropriate diagnostic codes with procedures into the computer and documents.
• Is current with daily charges no less than 90% of the time.
• Exhibits effective and efficient communication skills, including the ability to present complex information with confidence, to support a positive work environment and optimal operational workflow.
• Ensures all test results and correspondence are available in practice’s designated system for the provider’s review at the time of patient visit or as otherwise necessary.
• Maintains tickler file for referrals and laboratory and diagnostic testing by reviewing on a daily basis and identifying and acting upon any unresolved entries and then documenting appropriately.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with Florida Hospital Heartland Division policy and procedures and nursing standards. Documents medications completely in the patients chart after they are given.
• Reviews appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
• Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including restocking of treatment areas and disinfecting of exam tables and counters.
• Practices Body Substance Isolation. Ensures that PPE is available at all times in each exam room.
• Demonstrates responsibility/knowledge about commonly used medication.
• Completes Nursing Procedure Log accurately on a daily basis. Performs a daily reconciliation of payments and adjustments posted against sign-in sheet, encounter forms, and Medic, correcting any discrepancies prior to the daily close (including credit card balancing)
• Maintains medication safely by monitoring refrigerator and freezer temperatures and dating multi-dose vials when opened. Ensures that no expired medications are available for use.
• Follows FHHD policy on cleaning and sterilization of instruments. Completes FHHD Sterilization Load Record accurately and completely.
• Counts controlled narcotics daily.
• Maintains tickler file for laboratory testing. Reviews on a daily basis.
• Complies with office policy and procedures for OSHA standards.
• The use of personal protective equipment and strict adherence to body substance isolation technique is required.
• Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
• Take accurate messages
• Understand guidelines for and appropriately uses the telephone system
• Have a clear understanding of rules and regulations of contracted insurance with the practice
• Schedules appointments in appropriate time slots following scheduling policies and procedures. Annotates patient arrivals, no shows and cancellations correctly into the practice’s designated system. Schedules return visits and other services as requested by physician
• Requires the ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively with patients and co-workers.
• Display a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth.
• Continuously strives to improve patient satisfaction by going above and beyond their expectations
• Pro-actively initiate quality improvement ideas/suggestions
• Support the development of staff teamwork by being willing to assist patients, visitors and co-workers when necessary to facilitate a smooth workflow. Educates patients accurately and completely including utilizing the Patient Portal, when applicable.
• Maintain the confidentiality of employees' and patients' administrative and medical information, with no infractions.
• Adheres to the FHHD Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
• Must be willing to float to other Florida Hospital Heartland Health Partner practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
What will you need:
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program
• BLS (condition of employment)
• Certified Medical Assistant /Registered Medical Assistant
• One (1) year medical office experience, preferred