Occupational Therapist PRN
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
- Responsible for direct and indirect clinical services in the occupational therapy in/outpatient areas
- Attempts initial evaluation of newly assigned inpatients within 24 hours, or documents the reason for the inability to do so in the medical record. Uses appropriate procedures, documents the data using accepted abbreviations, set measurable goals and formulates an individualized plan of care per policy
- Completes documentation of inpatient evaluations and treatments on the date of service. (Outpatients documentation within one week)
- Provides patient/family education and HEP’s for carryover of treatment into the home environment as observed by documentation.
- Provides age appropriate evaluation and intervention techniques to the population served. Completes annual age specific competencies specific to scope of care.
- Participates in the student affiliation program for Occupational Therapy (therapists and assistants) providing administrative and clinical supervision for same
- Participates in ongoing reviews of occupational therapy and rehab policies and procedures (available on the ARC), making recommendations to update as appropriate
- Attends mandatory quarterly staff meetings, or meets with area supervisor or Director before next scheduled work day
- Must be proficient in computer use, comfortable with the EMR, and if responsible for OP evaluations, use of dictation systems
- Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Current professional license in state of Florida
- Current BLS
- Clinical Specialty certification (preferred)