Surgical Tech Main OR FT Days
Req #: 17013730
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time, Days
40 Hours per Week
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Practices competent perioperative care of patients under the direct supervision of a qualified professional nurse within the context of an accountable work team.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and implementing care of the surgical patient.
- Prepares for surgical procedures using the surgeon preference card and obtains supplies and instruments for the procedure.
- Practices sterile and aseptic technique as demonstrated by proper surgical hand scrub, preparation of mayo stand, back table and other sterile surfaces including the draping of the patient.
- Safely manages instrumentation and equipment during the surgical procedure.
- Manages countable items on the surgical field to avoid retained surgical items.
- Performs post case clean up and proper care of instrumentation.
- Performs patient care including but not limited to medication management on the sterile field, dressing application and assisting with positioning as needed.
What Will You Need?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association