Ultrasound Tech II PRN Breast Health Services
Req #: 17013760
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Tampa
You will be responsible for:
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
- Analyses sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
- Coordinates work schedule with Departmental Director and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage. Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care.
- Assists with the daily operations of the sonographic laboratory.
- Maintains a daily log of patients seen / completes exam billing forms.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains adequate supplies.
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory accreditation.
- Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all interrelating hospitals, referral or commercial agencies.
- Performs all requested sonographic examinations as ordered by the attending physician.
- Prepares preliminary reports and contacts referring physicians when required, according to established procedures.
- Coordinates with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
- Addresses problems of patient care as they arise and makes decisions to appropriately resolve the problems.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and well-being of all patients in the sonographic area/department.
- Reports equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or staff member.
What will you need?
- Ability to learn and use Radiology software packages such as Citrix, Radworks, Current PACS application.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain responsibility for all FHT continuing and annual education.
- Must maintain all required registries and licenses to perform imaging procedures.
- Abdomen, OB/GYN, Small Parts, Vascular, Invasive Procedures (preferred)
- High School Graduate
- Satisfactory completion of approved medical sonography program
- 1 year experience in hospital environment (preferred)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in 3 or more disciplines including Abdomen, OB/GYN, Small Parts and/or Breast or 2 disciplines with RVT.
- BLS required