Registered Nurse Case Coordinator Home Health PRN Days
Per Diem, Days
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Initiates, schedules/supervises, and coordinates care of assigned patients.
- Is responsible for continuous review of all aspects of every patient on their caseload including: appropriate utilization of services, ensuring continued skilled need, monitoring of homebound status, review of documentation in the medical record, maintenance of interdisciplinary communication, and discharge planning.
- Initial assessment of patient in their home according to agency policies and procedures including OASIS and follows State and Federal requirements.
- Manages episodes of assigned patients as evidenced by favorable patient outcomes. Addresses all nursing diagnoses identified in the Plan of Care.
- Ongoing evaluation and education of client in holistic manner. Reassess the patient within 24 hours following a change in patient condition or discharge from a 24 hour or longer hospital stay.
- Establishes and updates Plan of Care every 60 days or more frequently if needed. Develops Plan of Care to reflect current needs at time of recertification to include all disciplines
- Is responsible for participating and completion of monthly and admission case conferences. Maintains communication with physician and interdisciplinary team when additional patient needs are identified.
- Assures physician orders for care meet regulatory requirements.
- Supervision of LPN’s and Home Health Aides team members with a home visit every two weeks.
- Provides accurate, current documentation according to agency /regulatory policy and procedures within 24 hrs.
- Maintains proficiency in clinical assessment skills.
- Participates in on-call/evening rotation.
What will you need?
- Valid Florida driver's license, safe driving record and reliable transportation
- One (1) year experience in Nursing
- Current nursing license in the State of Florida
- Certified in Basic Life support (BLS)