Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager Hospice
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle
You will be responsible for:
The Hospice Case Manager is responsible for providing nursing care to hospice patients, in accordance with the physician’s orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care, with the goal of maintaining the comfort of the patient and family, and the highest quality of life that is possible, and in accordance with the standards of care and policies of CTMC Hospice.
- Able to perform basic nursing functions in all aspects of care required in the Hospice setting.
- Ensures the comfort and control of symptoms of hospice patients by provision of nursing care, teaching and support of patients and families, preparation of the patients and families for the patient’s death, and by arranging for the provision of supplies, equipment, and medications needed for the patient’s comfort.
- Organizes and implements individual patient care based on ongoing interpretation of physiologic, psychological, and sociological needs which affect the comfort and quality of life of the patient and family.
- Plans and supervises the activities of the hospice aides as appropriate to individual patient requirements and in accordance with department policy.
- Works as a member of and cooperates with the interdisciplinary team members to provide comprehensive care and continuity of services.
- Communicates with the patient’s physician in all matters pertaining to patient’s care, and adjusts the patient's plan of care as directed.
- Provides on-call coverage as needed on a rotating basis.
- Maintains accurate, complete documentation of care in the clinical record on admission and at all times thereafter, in accordance with established agency standards and within established timeframes.
- Prepares and submits schedule planner of patient visits, and schedules visits in conjunction with the Patient Care Coordinator.
- Participates in weekly Interdisciplinary Team Meetings and submits required documentation for the Plan of Care Update prior to meetings.
- Complies with all department policies and procedures, practices, and standards of care.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and certification classes.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum of one year of experience in nursing
- Current Texas State Driver's License
- Proof of current liability insurance on file.
- Current certificate in C.P.R.
- Current license as an RN in the state of Texas.