PCT II (Mem&Flag) M/S Surgical PRN Days
Req #: 17013391
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Per Diem Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
- Assesses skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measures per wound/skin protocol. Communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
- Ensures patient rooms are neat and clean.
- Responds to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
- Obtains vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings to the licensed nurse.
- Obtains lab specimens per hospital policy and procedure.
- Transports patients as directed by licensed nursing personnel.
- Discontinues foley and straight catheters per licensed nurse instructions and per policy.
- Notifies licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
What will you need?
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Current BLS required from American Heart Association
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a certified nursing assistant.
- Current Florida certification as a Nursing Assistant preferred.