Police Officer - PRN
Req #: 17013293
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Security
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring the safe environment and controlling traffic in the Emergency Department.
- Monitors patients, their families and visitors in the Emergency Department for appropriate behavior.
- Interacts and controls violent or potentially violent situations, following the Fort Worth Police Department rules and regulations on excessive force.
- Assists with the control of traffic inside the Emergency Room (ER) and around the parking area in front of the ER as well as those entering the hospital after hours.
- Monitors the front lobby area on a regular basis.
- Assists with violent or potentially violent situations within the hospital when requested.
- Assists the Nursing Staff with patient transfers or other tasks the officer feels comfortable performing as requested.
- Conducts arrests as appropriate in association with appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- Reports any issues or concerns immediately to the Director of Emergency Department or ER Nurse in charge.
What you will need:
- Police Officer commissioned by State of Texas and employed by the City of Fort Worth.
- Six (6) months experience required as a Police Officer.