Registered Nurse Home Health FT $5,000 Sign on Bonus
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
This position is accountable for creating /implementing patient plan of care, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
- Admit new patients according to Department procedure.
- Organize and implement individualized patient care based on ongoing interpretation of physiological, psychological and sociological deficits affecting the state of health.
- Coordinate the activities of health team members to provide comprehensive care and continuity of services and conduct team meetings.
- Supervise and plan Home health Aide activities appropriate to individual patient care requirements and in accordance with department policy.
- Maintain clinical record information in accordance with established standards and within established time frames.
- Prepare and submit schedule planner each week.
- Demonstrate cost-effective practices.
- Provide weekend and holiday coverage as assigned by the Administrator.
- Participate in the review process.
- Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Report pertinent observations to attending physician; changing patient care plan as directed.
- Develop professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
- Completes related tasks as assigned by the Patient Care Supervisor or Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to work independent with good nursing judgement.
- Able to work in varied patient care environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- At least one (1) year experience in a hospital setting or community setting involving direct nursing care.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Currently licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Florida
- CPR Certification
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Automobile liability insurance