Regional Director Clinical Oncology Operations FT Days
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Florida Hospital New Smyrna:
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- The Regional Director of Clinical Oncology Operations is responsible for the on-site management and supervision of clinical oncology operations, in collaboration with the Directors of Radiation Oncology Operations to include but not limited to Nurse Navigators, Radiation Clinic Nurses, Research Nurse/s, Genetic Counselor/s, Nurse Program Coordinators, Dietitian and staff nurses taking care of cancer patients for process improvement, where applicable.
- Work in collaboration with the leader of the Oncology Quality, Accreditation and Data Services for accreditation, and planning and implementation of clinical and programmatic goals.
- Support system and technology reviews along with fiscal responsibility for both cost containment and revenue expansion.
- Collaborates on regionally assigned area as subject matter expert.
- The overall goal is to ensure cancer patients are effectively and efficiently navigated through the health care system receiving appropriate care throughout the continuum to optimize support, educational services and to provide the communication link for coordination of care among the multidisciplinary health care team members.
- Responsible for establishing, building and maintaining strategic relationships between our community physicians and their office staff.
- Co-lead with the Directors of Clinical Oncology Operations for the promotion, education and marketing of Florida Hospital Cancer services to HCP physician, community physicians and their office staff.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of the Regional Nurse Navigation Program
- Ensures efficient and coordinated services through the screening, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship phases and facilitates dissemination of support/educational services. Analyzes, trouble shoots and makes recommendations for ways of improving services and areas that may have problems.
- Establishes and maintains positive and open communication (verbal and written) and relationships with referring physicians, pulmonologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists and medical oncologist to provide quality care to patients with disease specific health concerns.
- Attends multidisciplinary conferences, Joint Operations, Cancer Committee and Council meetings.
- Develops and revises patient and staff cancer-related educational materials. Provides staff and community education as required.
- Recommends modifications to policies and procedures as needed.
- Coordinate hiring, supervision, and evaluation of full-time, part-time and grant-funded nurses.
- Provide oversight to the Clinical Oncology Research Nurse and Genetic Counseling Nurse Practitioner.
- Collaborate with the Director of Radiation Oncology Operations to develop the clinical oncology clinic nurses.
- Works with Director of Radiation Oncology Operations and Oncology Quality, Accreditation and Data Services leader to establish quality measures and reports monthly outcomes on a Corporate Scorecard.
- Responsible for programmatic development in collaboration with Director of Radiation Oncology Operations in establishing, implementing and evaluating goals related to growth, volume, clinical outcomes and revenue.
- Facilitate and coordinate nursing activities related to clinical policies, contractual requirements for workload, personnel policies, nursing staff development and evaluation, and planning, assessment, and accreditation.
- Manage department staff personnel issues adhering to policy and expectations.
- Conduct annual and periodic performance evaluations for faculty in accordance
- with contract and Florida Hospital policy.
- Reviews medical management related to evidence based practice and in accordance to national guidelines; focusing on improving outcomes. Responsible for the ongoing data input/data abstraction/data analysis of ongoing databases. Monitors data tracking and benchmarking in collaboration with the Program Medical Directors and Administrative team.
- Current Florida RN License
- Driver’s license required
- Current certification in basic life support (BLS)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required
- Minimum of five years of oncology experience, with demonstrated 5-year management experience. Director level experience for no less than 2 years required.
- MBA, MHA or post-graduate studies to be completed within 3 years of employment.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of oncology to supervise and organize workflow and throughput.
- Oncology Nursing certification preferred