Home Health LVN Full Time Days
Req #: 17014028
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
This position is accountable for providing professional nursing activities as identified and planned by the R.N. Case Manager in the patient care plan to maximize function and restore health within the home setting. The L.V.N. is supervised in the home by the R.N. as often as necessary, but at least every 60 days.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all federal, state, and C.T.M.C. Home Health Services policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
- The R.N. will admit all new patients according to agency procedure. The L.V.N. will not perform the initial nursing assessment or formulate the patient care plan, but will assist the R.N. in carrying out the plan of care by performing routine visits and treatment of the patient within the scope of the L.V.N.’s practice standards.
- Implement individualized patient care as initiated by the R.N.
- Maintain clinical record information in accordance with established standards and within established time frames.
- Participates in the medical record review/audit process.
- Demonstrate cost-effective practices.
- Provide weekend and holiday coverage as assigned by the RN Case Manager.
- Participate in the peer review process.
- Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Report pertinent observations to the RN Case Manager indicating a change in the patient’s clinical status and notifying the physician as appropriate as directed.
- The LVN will notify the RN Case Manager to pronounce a patient in the event of death.
- Provide vacuum assisted closure therapy (wound vac) only if LVN has completed the requirements for certification.
- Provide IV Therapy, only if have successfully completed an approved IV Therapy Course.
- Develop professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
- Complete related tasks as assigned by the RN Case Manager or Home Health Manager.
- Provide referral Intake support when assigned to include contacting referral sources, physicians and patient/caregivers regarding home health services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively coordinate with Administrator, Home Health Manager, Hospice Community Educator, Physicians, and other Home Health Staff. Individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of safety information and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Must have some computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Point of care electronic documentation.
- Wound vac trained
- IV therapy certified
- Experienced with venipuncture blood draws
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Certificate of Completion from an accredited School of Vocational Nursing