ED Nurse Manager Full Time Days
Situated in the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest, Manchester Memorial Hospital has provided whole-person care to members of Clay, Jackson, and Owsley counties for 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
The ED Nurse Manager is a designated frontline position charged with day-to-day management of operations, while ensuring delivery of patient care standards and/or services consistent with established hospital, statutory, regulatory and JCAHO compliance requirements. This position coordinates and facilitates the team’s achievement of optimal daily performance and development. Knowledge of and willingness to drive patient experience/patient satisfaction scores is required. Since the ED is recognized as a major revenue generating department, the ED Nurse Manager must be able to identify, develop, and implement business programs that effectively improve revenue quality of care and patient satisfaction. Recognition as a successful team builder, who handles change well and can maintain a high degree of accountability is fundamental to the wellbeing of the department.
- Reviews patient satisfaction scores with staff at monthly staff meetings
- Discusses ways in which employees can contribute to patient satisfaction
- Reviews monthly departmental financial statements and researches variances to budget
- Reviews productivity reports as often as merited and changes staffing levels to reflect appropriate hours per unit of service.
- Develops annual budget
Communication with Employees
- Assures all ED staff are aware of departmental changes by communicating Information by e-mail, staff meetings and memos
- Complies with Accrediting agency (The Joint Commission, HFAP and OIG) standards
- Ensures compliance with changes made by any regulatory agency
- Ensures that departmental staff complies with hospital-wide policies, as well as departmental policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Maintains professional licensure of a Registered Nurse in the state of Kentucky
- 3-5 years of management experience within a hospital setting