Medical Records Clerk PRN-(Sun/Mon/Tues - Hours: 8a.m. 4:30)
Req #: 18000077
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Health Information Management
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $
3 X 8 Hour Variable Shift (Including Weekend/On-Call )
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients
. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
You will be responsible for:
- Collects paper patient documents based on established HIM schedule.
- Reconciles paper documents with patient visit/census logs to verify collection of all documents needed, following up with appropriate units or departments as needed.
- Refers information to Supervisor or Director within 24 hours of scheduled collection, regarding lack of reception of paper documents from units or departments
- Verifies patient ID on each page, preps documents for scanning, making photocopies of documents when applicable and arranging multipage documents in tab/section and date order per department guidelines.
- Verifies that batch ID and scanner settings are appropriate prior to scanning.
- Maintains correct paper orientation and amount for maximum feed capacity, and cleans and maintains scanner as needed.
- Perform Quality Control (QC) review by comparing scanned paper records with online image view.
- Adjust quality and positioning for poor images and rescan if needed
- Perform initial Validation, organizing and associating images into the appropriate patient (MR #) and encounter (fin #), moving, replacing or inserting images as needed. Corrections referred to supervisor as needed or for “in erroring”.
- Perform PowerChart Validation as appropriate.
- Place or file scanned records with appropriate patient or batch location.
- Completes productivity forms on a daily basis and turns in to Supervisor/Director as scheduled.
- Maintains productivity requirements based on monthly and quarterly averages
What will you need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Records documentation or digital imaging experience.