Registered Nurse Emergency Room Clinical Coordinator Full Time Nights
Req #: 18000036
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time Nights
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
You will be responsible for:
- Utilize the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies and initiates patient care requirements in collaboration with triage, nursing assessment and physician order(s).
- Establish a personal rapport with patients and other persons involved in understanding the care requirements.
- Provide a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient independence by establishing patient care goals and includes education to the patient, friends, and family that will support health promotion.
- Assures quality of care by:
- adhering to patient care standards
- compliance with core measures as measured by the organization
- measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
- Adherence to care standards set forth by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient concerns by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ascertaining all aspects of patient care.
- Protect the health of patients, families, and employees by adhering to all infection-control policies.
- Initiates protocols and administers medication in accordance with regulations as indicated by the organization.
- Completes documentation per organizational and/or department specific policy.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
- Responds with confidence and adapts to rapidly changing patient conditions.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and efficient during stressful situations.
- Assists department management in developing and implementing new and evidence-based standards of care for the critically ill patient.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of BLS, ACLS, PALS and Emergency Department policy and procedures.
What will you need:
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills
- Must have the ability to develop outstanding rapport and work well with physicians and staff
- Must be able to maintain focus on Patient Experience and complete Nurse Leaders Rounding requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN degree preferred or in school pursuing the degree
- Two or more years of recent experience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Current Florida state Registered Nurse licensure
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, PALS, certification
- Current or completion of NIHSS stroke certification within thirty days
- Certified Emergency Nurse Certification (Preferred)
- Trauma Nurse Course Certification (TNCC) (Preferred)
- Leadership Certification (Preferred)