Manager Of Charge Process (RN) Revenue Cycle FT Days
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Reviews and communicates CPT code definitions to departments.
- Problem solves with departments and provides information to aid them in billing correctly.
- Assists staff, ancillary department and nursing departments with billing corrections, provides guidance regarding what needs correcting and how to make the corrections in the system.
- Aids departments in pricing new procedures and supplies.
- Monitors departmental charge management plans to assure accuracy of charges and compliance with billing regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of coding regulations and communicates changes to appropriate departments.
- Ensures changes to charge master are reviewed, approved and processed weekly.
- Develops and monitors key quality measures related to charge processes.
- Participates in and supports other activities directed at improving billing compliance, collections or reimbursement process.
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- Computer skills working with Microsoft office products