Ultrasound Tech PRN Day Shift
PRN Day Shift
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
- Performs Ultrasound studies.
- Positions patients and equipment, manipulates transducers and technical factors in order to obtain images, heart rates, waveforms and other information as needed to obtain optimum images and information for diagnostic purposes.
- Notes velocities, measures structures and documents adequate clinical history as needed for accurate interpretation by Radiologist.
- Performs ultrasound Imaging procedures of abdominal, and pelvis structures, as well as OB and trans-vaginal ultrasound. Performs small parts (Thyroid, testicular), and breast imaging as well as vascular imaging, and Doppler studies.
- Coordinates equipment service and preventative maintenance.
- Sterilize transducers as needed.
- Responsibility to adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies
- Must have detailed knowledge of ultrasound physics as well as cross-sectional and vascular anatomy and Doppler techniques in order to perform independent procedures to Radiologist standards.
- Must be able to use computer system for data entry and retrieval.
- Patient care and communication skills as needed to deal with patients from infant through geriatric age groups.
- Contacts with patient, patients’ families, physicians and employees require a disposition that is calming, professional and not easily provoked. Voice must be pleasant in face-to-face and telephone conversations. Has extremely intimate contact with patient during many procedures. Must be able to deal with sensitive issues in a calm and professional manner. Must be able to communicate well regarding procedure, and since examination is frequently visible to patient, deal with patient questions regarding the study, particularly for such studies as fetal ultrasounds
- BLS required.
- Must be ARDMS certified or eligible; non-licensed staff members must complete ARDMS requirements within 12 months of employment.
- Certification in abdomen, OB/GYN and Vascular preferred.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience required as needed to work without supervision.