Security Officer Prairie Star Weekend Nights
Req #: 18000032
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Security
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
24 Hours Per Week
Weekend Nights - 7:00PM - 7:00 AM
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Communicates via telephone and two way radio.
- Obtains IAHSS Basic Certification.
- Safely drives a variety of vehicles.
- Monitors CCTV system.
- Sits, stands or walks for extended periods of time.
- Speaks, reads and writes English proficiently.
- Uses various computer programs including Microsoft Excel and Word to write reports and record activity.
- Carries proper equipment at all times, generally done with a waist belt weighing up to 25lbs.
- Works in a wide variety of climate conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Answers telephone requests for security assistance or shuttle bus.
- Establishes and maintains control of violent or potentially violent situations.
- Investigates suspicious activity and persons.
- Locks internal and external doors as scheduled.
- Maintains radio communication with security dispatch.
- Moves unattended vehicles under unusual circumstances.
- Observes and reports all safety hazards.
- Works in an environment where you may be punched, kicked, bit or otherwise attacked.
- Engages in strenuous physical confrontations with people.
- Holds patients or applies restraints to beds by kneeling or bending at the waist.
- Subdue and control violent persons which may require wrestling on the floor.
- Patrols assigned areas of the campus and associated buildings.
- Picks up or releases patient valuables per policy.
- Prepares written reports on security incidents utilizing a database report system.
- Provides escorts or information assistance to persons as needed.
- Provides motorist assistance to persons on campus (excluding changing tires).
- Receives and releases persons from the morgue and insures proper completion of paperwork.
- Responds to all calls for security assistance.
- Responds to all fire, duress, panic, and/or intrusion alarms.
What will you need?
- Knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- excellent customer service skills
- Ability to pass a psychological examination from the department specified licensed professional
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association with 6 months active upon
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School Preferred
- 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- Prior Law Enforcement, Military Preferred
- Firearms Qualifications Preferred
- Defensive Tactics Preferred
- CCTV/Access Control Systems Preferred
- IAHSS Basic (CHSO) Preferred