Patient Service Rep
Req #: 17008447
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Live Oak Health Partners
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center - Live Oak Partners
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for greeting patients and visitors as they present at the front counter
- Ensure the completion of all patient information, insurance, and financial forms.
- Coordinate patient appointment scheduling including the set-up of temporary and permanent accounts
- Obtain all necessary insurance information from patients when applicable,
- Establish/maintain accurate patient accounts in computerized database, answer multi-line telephone
- Prepare patient medical charts as directed
- Checkout patients including collecting of co-pays/deductibles/payments, ROAs, retaining a copy of the patient superbill and vouchers (if applicable)
- Establish follow-up appointment(s), and enter patient charges as assigned.
- Responsible for copying patient records when requested.
- Scan documentation for patient record and file correctly in patient chart.
- Obtain referrals/authorization/pre-certification when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to six months related experience and/or training in general clerical work.
- Associates degree in a healthcare related field of study preferred.
- Healthcare software computer programs preferred