Registered Nurse Team Lead Medical Surgical Telemetry Full Time Nights
Full Time - Nights
**Please attach your updated and FULL experience resume to application**
**Please also attach your American Heart Association BLS card to application**
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
- Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiates use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrates commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintains competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Consistently develops an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
- Develops, prioritizes, and documents a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
- Establishes appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Provides individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the nursing unit, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
- Documents physical assessments in on the electronic medical record. Assesses patients for desired and undesired changes in their mental/physical condition according to unit standards. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician and obtain appropriate intervention.
- Maintains a professional rapport with physicians, patients, and families. Utilizes communication skills appropriate to age-specific needs.
- Provides the necessary and appropriate education to the patient and family from admission through discharge. This includes, but is not limited to, the patient’s plan of care, medications, tests and procedures, disease process, and discharge instructions. Initiates and documents the education provided including the patient response and outcomes on the electronic education record. Initiates referrals to health care providers as necessary.
- Provides general supervision and guidance of permanent licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel and temporary nursing personnel i.e. – RN, LPN, PCT U.S, M.T. in the job functions for the delivery of safe, therapeutic and quality patient care outcomes.
- Provides competent and compassionate care to the patient with pain according to policy and our mission.
- Maintains a safe patient care environment including following fall risk specifications.
- Demonstrates ability to administer medications as ordered: PO, SQ, IV, IV PUSH, IVPB, IM, SL, PR, topical, and intradermal accurately and appropriately.
- Responds and participates in unit and hospital code situations. Utilizes knowledge and experience to treat the patient according to the standards of BLS and ACLS protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to provide safe, competent nursing care for the patient requiring oxygen supplementation or support.
- Demonstrates ability to administer, adjust and monitor response to IV medication infusions and IV medications in a safe, competent and independent manner.
- Assists the physician with the various bedside procedures performed on the unit including, but not limited to CVP placement, hemodialysis catheter insertion, thoracentesis, paracentesis, bone marrow biopsy and chest tube insertion (per unit competencies).
- Admits, transfers and discharges patients in a professional and competent manner.
- Verifies and signs off physician orders on all assigned patients.
- Obtains lab specimens as ordered and per policy and procedure.
- Accepts reassignment to a level of care deemed competent in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Accompanies patients as assigned for transport to other facilities, hospitals, or procedures as appropriate.
- Effectively evaluates the nursing plan of care to ensure safe, competent delivery of care is provided.
- Evaluates and communicates patient’s response to medical nursing plan of care to appropriate team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care provided by other team members and reports outcomes as necessary.
- Assists unit and nursing managers/directors with unit operations and leadership.
- Assists the leader in development, implementation and evaluation of on-going service programs which assure quality nursing, and patient care programs consistent with the hospital mission.
- Assists the leader to monitor/maintain unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Collaborates with director to oversee unit PI program that monitors and evaluates aspects of care.
What will you need:
- Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
- Basic computer skills – must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs.
- Supervision experience and skills required.
- Maintains current license and knowledge of nursing care requirements for all patients on the unit. Assesses need for personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking opportunities to meet this need.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Supports staff involvement in project teams/committees as evidenced by discussion in minutes.
- Projects are completed with consideration for quality, practice and educational components.
- Participates in or chairs projects or committees as volunteered or assigned.
- Consults with patients/families through primary nurse request, direct family request and/or direct assessment of patient/family response to hospitalization. Assesses patient/significant other survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
- Collaborates with the department of education and training to plan for orientation of new personnel and unit specific education/in-service as documented.
- Monitors the mandatory educational activities of personnel on the unit to ensure individual and unit compliance.
- Meets with the director on an ongoing basis to discuss plans, progress, problems, and needs of unit.
- In collaboration with the director, is responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources.
- Manages hours worked, including overtime for all unit personnel.
- Monitors and controls supply use.
- In collaboration with the leader, is responsible for department’s operational excellence; assures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Collaborates with the nurse leader to establish department policies and procedures that reflect the organization’s standards.
- Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
- Maintains effective and appropriate staffing by monitoring employee turnover, overtime and absenteeism.
- Employee performance appraisals are completed thoroughly and submitted on time, as assigned.
- Follows human resources policies to implement progressive discipline, when necessary.
- Collaborates with human resources on the recruitment and selection of qualified employment candidates.
- Communication with staff is effective, resolving conflicts that may hamper relations and productivity, as observed by nurse leader.
- Attends and/or leads codes according to policy.
- Oversees scheduling as directed by leader.
- Is recognized as a positive role model in living the AHS mission
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree.
- Three years of hospital experience (Preferred)
- BSN (Preferred)
- Cerner (Preferred)