PCT II (Mem&Flag) M/S Surgical PRN Days
PRN/Per Diem Day shift
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
- Assesses skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measures per wound/skin protocol. Communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
- Ensures patient rooms are neat and clean.
- Responds to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
- Obtains vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings to the licensed nurse.
- Obtains lab specimens per hospital policy and procedure.
- Transports patients as directed by licensed nursing personnel.
- Discontinues foley and straight catheters per licensed nurse instructions and per policy.
- Notifies licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
What will you need?
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Current BLS required within first 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a certified nursing assistant.
- Current Florida certification as a Nursing Assistant preferred.