Phlebotomist Certified PRN
Req #: 18000039
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Laboratory
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Obtains specimens from assigned pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in a safe, accurate and comfortable manner, following established standards and practices.
- Performs all computer related duties associated with phlebotomy services.
- Responsibilities include the adherence to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
- Obtains blood specimens from infant, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in a safe and accurate manner.
- Performs venipunctures, finger sticks or heel sticks depending on the particular patient.
- Performs Urine Drug Screens and urine collections
- Performs and operates POC equipment as needed for Patient care
- Required to drive Company Vehicle and to travel to any outside facilities as needed
- All phlebotomists are required to assist as needed in the Emergency Department.
- Responsible to receive samples from the Emergency Room (pneumatic tube system)
What will you need?
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Required Current and valid Certification by Nationally recognized Phlebotomy (A.S.P.T.)
- BLS Certification required
- Valid Florida driver’s license with a clean driving record is required for Company Vehicle
- Must have 24 months’ consecutive experience in a Hospital setting environment.
- Must be proficient with newborns, infants and children as well as geriatric, adolescents, and adults of all ages.