Licensed Practical Nurse Physician Office Full Time Days
Florida Hospital Heartland:
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
• Assists with rooming patients for appointments. Obtains accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight. Documents correctly on progress note.
• Prepares patient for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
• Explains procedures, treatments, and nursing care to patients and when necessary to significant others prior to implementation.
• Oversees appointment scheduling to ensure triage preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
• Use proper injection techniques. Maintains a sterile technique.
• Documents all phone conversations regarding patients and recommendations. Documents all prescriptions called to any pharmacy as ordered by the physician.
• Assures that physician has reviewed and signed all reports.
• Documents all test results, making notes of abnormalities and stat information. Posts test and examination results in patient chart.
• Reviews patient charts to ensure that all test results and correspondence are present prior to the physician seeing the patient.
• Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with FHHD policy and procedures and nursing standards. Documents medications completely in the patients chart after they are given
• Reviews appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
• Responds to and returns in-coming telephone calls in a timely manner. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
• Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including restocking of treatment areas and disinfecting of exam tables and counters.
• Practices Body Substance Isolation. Ensures that PPE is available at all times in each exam room.
• Demonstrates responsibility/knowledge about commonly used medication.
• Completes Nursing Procedure Log accurately on a daily basis.
• Maintains medication safely by monitoring refrigerator and freezer temperatures and dating multi-dose vials when opened. Ensures that no expired medications are available for use.
• Follows Florida Hospital Heartland Division policy on cleaning and sterilization of instruments. Completes Florida Hospital Heartland Division Sterilization Load Record accurately and completely.
• Counts controlled narcotics daily.
• Maintains tickler file for laboratory testing. Reviews on a daily basis.
• Display a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth.
• Continuously strives to improve patient satisfaction by going above and beyond their expectations
• Pro-actively initiate quality improvement ideas/suggestions
• Support the development of staff teamwork by being willing to assist patients, visitors and co-workers when necessary to facilitate a smooth workflow.
• Maintain the confidentiality of employees' and patients' administrative and medical information, with no infractions.
• Adheres to the FHHD Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies
• Must be willing to float to other FHHD practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
• Completes special projects or performs other duties as assigned by the Practice Manager in a timely manner.
What will you need:
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Graduate of an Approved School of Practical/Vocational Nursing
• One (1) year medical office experience preferred
• State of Florida License in Licensed Practical Nurse
• BLS (condition of employment)