Certified Medical Assistant Full Time Days
Req #: 18000251
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Metroplex Clinic Physicians
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform clerical duties for physician clinic.
- Answer telephones in a professional and courteous manner, take messages in the EHR system and task to proper Care Team Member.
- Schedule new and follow-up appointments
- Explain registration process and give directions to new patients
- Ability to explain procedure preparation to patients if instructed.
- Understand how scheduling affects the clinic and schedule patients as instructed by Office Manager.
- Understand the difference between Practice Management (EPM) and Electronic Health Record System (EHR).
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to patients, co-workers, office manager, physicians and administration.
- Ability to accurately enter patient’s demographics into Practice Management system
- Ability to understand the process of insurance verification.
- Ability to understand the process of Referrals
- Ability to understand the process of Authorizations
- Ability to understand when Referral or Authorization is needed.
- Perform all parts of patient care as a Medical Assistant.
- Confirm all necessary documents have been obtained to treat patient.
- Confirm the patient’s authorization or referral is accurate for the patient’s visit
- Understands if the patient is being referred, the referring physician’s documents need to be accessible.
- Abstract patient charts into EHR System and scan documents into their chart.
- Welcome patient into Exam Room after the front office has checked the patient in.
- Understands preparing patient’s intake
- Ability to obtain patient’s vital signs
- Understands what to ask patient to complete their HPI
- Ability to understand what a Chief Complaint is.
- Work up patient information based on physician’s preference.
- Assist physician with any injections and/or procedures – when needed.
- Ensure Lot Numbers, NDC #’s, and Expiration dates are entered in properly
- Understand when to obtain authorization for any procedures as needed.
- Check patient out after the provider is done with exam.
- Assure patient has appropriate documents before leaving.
- Patient must have Patient Plan printed.
- Provide patient with any orders they need to complete
- Stock medical cabinets and patient rooms daily.
- Clean and prepare patient rooms throughout the business day
- Ensure this is completed before ending of your shift.
- Keep track of necessary logs for your office
- Maintain log of Medications in office including expiration dates
- Be a Team player!
- Maintain good working relationship with MCP staff members, physicians, and administration.
- Ability to handle constructive criticism.
- Open- minded to attending additional training when scheduled.
- Ensure all tasks and job duties are performed to an acceptable standard.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Be on time.
- Be on time for your shift
- Monitor time sheets daily to ensure you are staying within your scheduled hours assigned.
- Prioritize your time appropriately.
What you will need:
- High School education
- Completion of Medical Assisting Training/courses
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification
- BCLS certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of basic math and modern office equipment (fax machine, copy machine, scanner, etc.)
- Basic and intermediate computer knowledge and skills. Basic medical terminology
- Additional languages preferred.
- Knowledge of multi-tasking in a physician’s office preferred
- Ability to handle a high-volume clinic preferred1-2 years of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant in a Medical Office preferred