Advanced Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist Family Medicine Full Time
Situated in the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest, Manchester Memorial Hospital has provided whole-person care to members of Clay, Jackson, and Owsley counties for 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
Provides direct patient care services in collaboration with a physician including general and preventative care, assessment, physical examination, initiation of management and treatment of the patients within scope of practice.
- Provides direct physical and psychological care in emergencies
- Provides direct primary, preventative and therapeutic nursing care appropriate to the age of patients served.
- Performs minor surgical and invasive procedures such as suture of lacerations (not involving nerves or tendons) and incision and drainage of abscesses
- Documents essential history information and physical exam components that support the derived diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan as reviewed
- Demonstrates sense of judgment by appropriate counseling, referrals and orders as documented on the record
- Graduate of an accredited APRN program
- Accumulates appropriate continuing education units in time limits established by state and national registries to ensure that licensure is current at all times
- Maintains current good standing with Kentucky Board of Nursing
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Must possess valid DEA license if practicing more than one year (*will have 30 days from first anniversary date of hire to obtain a DEA license)