CT Tech Overland Park Campus PRN
Req #: 18000336
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
PRN, As Needed for Coverage
12 Hour Shifts - 7:00-7:00
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs CAT Scan procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to acquire Cat Scan images for radiological diagnosis.
- Keeps room clean and stocked with supplies that are required to perform CAT Scan procedures.
- Rotates “on call” status.
- Reviews scheduled patient’s requisitions and chart before starting exam.
- Administers opaque contrast material as directed by Radiologist.
- Starts IVs on out patients that require IV contrast.
- Locates orders, lab work, allergies and any other related resources on the patient in Power Chart.
- Gives oral contrast, when scheduled, to abdomen and pelvis CAT Scan patients one to two hours prior to exams.
- Participates in the training of new CT techs.
What Will You Need?
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Kansas State License LRT
- Nationally Registered ARRT
- ARRT Registered CT Technologist
- American Heart Associate Healthcare Provider BLS CPR with at least 6 months active upon hire