Registered Nurse OR Circulator Surgery Room FT Days
Full Time Day Shift
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 145-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. Our campus features a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. Our focus on quality has earned us more than 25 awards for treatment and patient care, including a Healthgrade’s ranking among the top five percent of hospitals in the country for patient experience. Ranked as the number one workplace by the Tampa Bay Times in 2017, we take pride in not only our excellent healthcare but in our outstanding culture and work environment.
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel is located in a mid-sized town that is part of Pasco County, one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. As a result, the area has excellent schools and easy access to metropolitan amenities, including international airports, fine dining, professional and collegiate athletics, shopping, arts and theatre. It is also part of Florida’s Nature Coast, which includes numerous hiking trails, parks, beaches and opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Develops, discusses and communicates a plan of care for each patient, in collaboration with each patient/family/significant other in order to address all identified needs.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Evaluates the identified problems, care provided and patient's responses are reassessed in order to meet patient and family needs to ensure overall quality of care delivered.
- Maintains up‑to‑date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per hospital policy. Pursues professional growth and development.
- Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
- Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the Surgical Services Director and/or Surgical Services physicians as defined in the scope of service to ensure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job‑related hazards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in acute care nursing, knowledge and skills.
- At least five (5) years circulating and/or scrub experience required in a multi-specialty setting.
- At least 3 years endoscopy experience preferred.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of computerized documentation preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current FL RN license upon hire
- ACLS Certification upon hire
- BLS Certification upon hire
- Four hours Hip and Knee Replacement Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
- 2 hours of Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then 1 hour annually
- Bachelor’s in nursing (Preferred)
- CNOR (Preferred)