Medical Technologist FT Day & Evening Shift
Req #: 18000369
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Laboratory
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Days & Evenings (With a Rotating Weekend)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all departments in the clinical laboratory.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records.
- Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices.
- Performs proficiencies, competencies, validated laboratory procedures
- Able to function in all sections of the clinical laboratory for which they are licensed.
- Is capable and responsible for performing high-complexity testing.
- Properly performs quality control procedures and instrument checks. Takes appropriate actions when results are outside of acceptable range.
- Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- When appropriate, correctly alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult or geriatric patient, appropriate to patient age.
- Notifies patient care unit and/or physician of critical lab values, requests and documents result “readback”.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed, to include patient testing, calibrations and quality control results.
- Meets current documentation standards and follows established policies related to procedures performed for statistics and billing purposes.
- Interacts professionally with the Director of Clinical Laboratory, Pathologist and other healthcare providers. Communicates effectively regarding patient issues.
- Demonstrates support/responsibility for the overall functioning of the team. Interacts professionally co-workers, assisting as needed to complete outstanding work.
You Will Need:
- Associates Degree in Medical Technology
- Microbiology, Serology and ImmunologyLICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- State of Florida – Medical Technologist/Medical Technician in Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Serology and Immunology