Anesthesia Tech Surgery Room PRN Days
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 145-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. Our campus features a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. Our focus on quality has earned us more than 25 awards for treatment and patient care, including a Healthgrade’s ranking among the top five percent of hospitals in the country for patient experience. Ranked as the number one workplace by the Tampa Bay Times in 2017, we take pride in not only our excellent healthcare but in our outstanding culture and work environment.
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel is located in a mid-sized town that is part of Pasco County, one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. As a result, the area has excellent schools and easy access to metropolitan amenities, including international airports, fine dining, professional and collegiate athletics, shopping, arts and theatre. It is also part of Florida’s Nature Coast, which includes numerous hiking trails, parks, beaches and opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Directly assists the licensed anesthesia care provider with patient preparation; airway management; insertion of peripheral, arterial or central lines; and administration of regional blocks. Anticipates the needs of the licensed anesthesia care provider. Is available in all clinical settings where anesthesia services are provided.
- Works within the standards of practice as described by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT).
- Demonstrates speed and timeliness in all duties, particularly in preparation for emergent procedures. Participates in room turnovers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety and infection control measures. Adheres to aseptic technique. Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Promotes control of costs through efficient management of supplies, equipment and services.
- Provides training and orientation to staff and new personnel.
- Recognizes and adheres to all regulatory agency requirements as they relate to anesthesia and patient safety.
- Maintains an inventory of equipment used by the licensed anesthesia care providers. Maintains or has access to all preventative maintenance records. Reports defective equipment to clinical engineering. Appropriately tags equipment and removes from service.
- Completes with proficiency monthly statistical reports and coordinates the anesthesia fiscal and capital budget process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of computers
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR certification is required
- ACLS certification is (Preferred)
- Certification requirements established by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) (Preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a certified anesthesia technician (Preferred)