Medical Technologist FT Days
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
Full-Time / Days
Responsible for performance of preanalytical, analytical, and post analytical process of clinical laboratory testing and related quality control / quality assurance duties. Utilize critical thinking skills to ensure the quality of patient test results.
- Responsible for test performance in applicable laboratory departments as determined by training, competency, and supervisory discretion / departmental needs, to include manual and automated procedures.
- Reports test results using appropriate documentation methods; ensures timely communication of critical and other significant laboratory results to the appropriate patient care unit or patient care provider.
- Performs quality control procedures as indicated by departmental policy; performs review to ensure accuracy of test system performance prior to patient testing; documents appropriately.
- Performs instrument maintenance as indicated by departmental policy and/or supervisory discretion; ensures proper instrument performance prior to patient testing; documents appropriately.
- Applies critical thinking skills to identify problems with test performance; performs troubleshooting of test systems and instrumentation independently or with minimal supervision; documents corrective action in accordance with laboratory policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science completion of accredited Medical Technology program with B.S. degree in related science required
- Current CLS or MT licensure with approved national registry organization (ASCP, NCLS, etc.) required.