Registered Nurse (RN) Circulator Full Time Days
Req #: 18000236
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Prepares operative sight for the surgical procedure.
- Prepares operating room for surgical procedures.
- Provides complete and accurate nursing records on charts, log books, and implant records.
- Provides accurate patient charges.
- Updates patient care in response to monitored events.
- Assists the anesthesia care provider during induction, intubation, and emergence from anesthesia.
- Positions patient to optimize the surgical procedures and maintain patient safety.
- Directs the plan of care in the operating room.
- Creates a patient focused care plan in response to patient needs, nursing assessment, and physician’s orders.
- Directs plan of care in the operating room.
- Performs accurate sponge, sharps, and instrument counts.
- Sets up, tests, and connects all specialty equipment.
- Orders supplies.
- Participates in the trial of new products and equipment.
- Responds to life and injury threatening events with a professional course of action.
- Constantly monitors the environment to assure patient, visitor, and staff safety.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the Clinical Manager in a timely manner.
What will you need?
- Be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing and six months
- One year related experience and/or training.
- Current certificate in BCLS.
- Must obtain and hold, within 6 months of hire, a current certificate in ACLS
- Current license as an RN in the state of Texas.