Revenue Manager FT Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- The Revenue Manager directs the activities and personnel of Revenue Management Market including charge reconciliation audits, chart audits, daily reviews of rejected and suspended charges, charge description master (CDM) oversight and updates, and revenue trend analysis.
- Additionally, is responsible to oversee hospital functions as they relate to hospital charges and serve as hospital liaison with the AHS Revenue Officer and AHS Charge Services department.
- Oversees correction of Cerner suspending and rejecting charges daily
- Provides DNFB report and coordination of work items with department heads and Market/Facility Controllers as needed
- Prepares revenue analyses to trend changes in revenue.
- Works with charge services auditors (Revenue Analyst) to resolve issues
- Provides direct oversight of Nurse and ED Auditors and Revenue Analysts. Works to resolve Charge capture issues by providing education and training to applicable departments.
- Works in conjunction with department directors to answer questions relating to revenue management and to assist with requesting new CDMs for the AHS Corporate Charge Description Master.
- Completes Reimbursement projects as assigned.
- Maintains Charge Description Master (CDM).
- The Revenue Manager works with the AHS Charge Services department and Market and Facility Controllers and department directors whenever a new charge description is requested to be added to the AHS Corporate CDM.
- The Revenue Manager is responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of the charge description master (CDM) and with ensuring that it is in compliance with the AHS Corporate charge description master (CDM).
- Activates and prices CDMs
- Updates CDM prices at least annually, with assistance from outside vendor (if applicable) and direction from the market CFO’s to design a price structure based on rational analysis of payer contracts, market positioning, hospital cost and patient issues.
- Charge questions that are raised by departments will be researched with the involvement of the corporate CDM/HIM/PFS departments to ensure that the issue is addressed by the proper individuals at the corporate office.
- Utilizes the corporate charge master manual as a guide for determining the proper charge.
- Monitors hospital DNFB report for release of work items to ensure timely releases from high dollar accounts.
- Assist FH/Managed Care Department when outside agencies conduct audits involving hospital billing.
- Work closely with FH/Managed Care department when outside agencies request chart audits.
- When customer service complaints related to charges are received conducts research into the legitimacy of the charge
- Serves as a liaison to bridge the understanding gap between clinical, finance and revenue cycle departments.
- Serves as hospital liaison to AHS-IS, Coding department and AHS Charge Services department
- Trains and educates department heads on the various charge and revenue issues.
- Drives agendas for monthly or quarterly Revenue Management meetings to identify key performance indicators, to assist with action plans and communicate revenue changes.
- Responsible for the hiring of staff for department. Completes performance evaluations timely and is involved in employee counseling, coaching and termination per policy. Provides orientation for new employees and ensures compliance with department policy and procedure. Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning
- Responsible for Cost Reports - Collects and reviews data for cost revenue report schedules.
- Establishes goals and accountabilities for staff and mentors staff to achieve and then exceed established goals.
- Remains current with all assigned reading and department education plans.
- Assists Market and Facility Controllers with implementation of Corporate and Hospital initiatives and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience required.
- Five + years related experience, preferably a knowledge of clinical language, e.g., ICDs, DRG, CMG, CPT, etc.
- Three years management experience required.
- Prefer experience in Cerner