Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Department Director, the Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing respiratory services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment. Remain alert, assess possible side effects to oxygen therapy.
- Administer respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
- Set-up and monitor mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- Assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation as needed. Make appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Successfully passed the Registered Respiratory Therapist exam with the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current License with the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board.
- Current BLS required. Current NRP required within 90 days of hire.
- Current PAL and ACLS preferred.