Office Coordinator NWGA Orthopedics - Gordon Hospital
Req #: 18000126
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Administrative
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
Responsible for managing operations of assigned practice. The position is responsible for directing clerical and clinical staff, developing and motivating staff, assuring that all data entry and posting information is timely and correct, assuring that established end of day balancing protocols are followed, ordering medical/office supplies, assisting with assessment of operations and implementation of changes necessary to fulfill both short and long term goals of the organization.
- Assures delivery of exceptional customer service standards to our patients, physicians, and team members.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are implemented to maintain and continuously improve existing operational practices.
- Identifies training needs for staff and provides, secures, and coordinates training for team members to strengthen the mix and level of skills within the team.
- Assures appropriate staffing is available for office operations.
- Provides appropriate orientation, training and support to new employees.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection and hiring of new staff.
- Motivates and develops staff providing a positive work environment.
- Participates in and/or completes ninety (90) day and annual performance appraisals and provides feedback to staff on overall performance and expectations.
- Communicates with Practice Manager and/or HR any employee concerns and or changes.
- Assures that all patient demographics and insurance is entered into the computer timely and accurately. Works closely with Coding Department, Charge Posting, and the Central Business Office to correct claim errors and/or other front end billing issues. Assures that any requests from Billing are handled timely and that “Tasking” is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assures that charges and payments are posted daily and accurately and established end of day balancing protocols are followed. Responsible to run daily reconciliation reports to include charge entry, account adjustments, and payments performed within the practice. Reports exceptions or possible problems to Practice Manager and/or Clinic Management.
- Manages and corrects employee time records, including submitting time and attendance into payroll.
- Updates or makes changes to the provider schedules and/or scheduling templates upon requests and assures that patient appointments are rescheduled appropriately and staffing is available. Communicates any schedule changes to the staff.
- Ensures Petty Cash and/or Front Office Cash/Change drawers are reconciled daily and reports discrepancies to Practice Manager and/or Clinic Management.
- Assists Practice Manager and/or Clinic Management Delivers in setting and accomplishing key departmental and individual performance goals consistent with Executive Mission.
- Creates and performs in a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership. Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work
- Builds effective relationships resulting in cohesive, cooperative and communicative work force within the organization.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and ensures patient privacy. Enforces all policies pertaining to patient privacy and ensures these policies are followed by providers and staff at all times.
- Understands the basics of “Risk Management” in order to ensure areas of patient and employee safety.
What will you need?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Experience in a lead position within a medical practice preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year working in medical practice environment preferred
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of clinic office procedures, computer system and applications.
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology and reimbursement policies.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure to answer correspondence and prepare reports.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees and patients.
- Ability to handle to a multitude of tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures, identifying problems, researching and recommending resolutions.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in exercising high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff professionally and effectively.