Registered Nurse Charge Medical Surgical Full Time Nights $5,000 Sign On
Req #: 18000413
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $2500
Full Time - Nights
**Please attach your updated and FULL experience resume to application**
**Please also attach your American Heart Association BLS card to application**
You will be responsible for:
- Performs the job expectations of the Registered Nurse in his / her assigned care area.
- Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
- Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care and treatments administered.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of nursing personnel on the designated shift overseeing staff and patient care
- Assures staff performs real time documentation including review of task lists at least every two hours and prompt initiation and signs off of physician’s orders.
- Advises the nurse about appropriateness of calling the physician
- Assists staff in using the electronic quality management tools to evaluate a patient’s current treatment plan to ensure quality outcomes based on established indicators.
- Uses chart audit reports to monitor adherence with documentation guidelines and assists staff to achieve documentation goals.
- Provides support and information to appropriate member of the interdisciplinary team when problems arise with families, physicians, or other caregivers, utilizing the proper chain of command.
- Promotes on the job training of all staff members through coaching, mentoring and evaluation.
- Serves as a role model for staff by collaboratively working with the staff and physicians.
- Coordinates orientation of newly assigned staff. Facilitates clinical experiences to meet employee needs.
- Participates in development and review of departmental policy/procedures and recommend revision.
- Participate in employee appraisal program.
- Acts in behalf of Nurse Manager when necessary.
- Facilitates patient management and throughput by: Effective bed management, Staff assignments, Communicating effectively with key stakeholders including affected physicians and departments, Participates in daily Case Management Discharge Huddles, Coordinates Nurse/Physician rounding, Assessing patients for appropriateness of level of care designation and facilitating movement when indicated
- Assists in data collection for process improvement projects including restraints.
- Assess staffing to ensure compliance with unit staffing matrix and patient acuity.
- Conducts daily staff huddles for information exchange
- Prepares appropriate written documentation on problems regarding staff
- Keeps manager/director informed of any immediate concerns between physicians/staff/patients
What will you need?
- Mental and emotional stability, demonstrating a courteous and calm approach to all contacts with patients, visitors, and health care team members.
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
- Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, and solve complex problems
- Accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills, multi-tasking, and a professional bedside manner
- Knowledgeable in assigned areas of patient care including health promotion and maintenance
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum of One (1) year experience in area of assignment
- BSN or MSN (preferred)
- Previous healthcare experience (preferred)
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in area of assignment (preferred)
- Current Florida RN License
- BLS – condition of employment