Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant PRN
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
Responsible for administering occupational therapy modalities of treatment per Plan of Care and as supervised by the Occupational Therapist. The COTA assists with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
- Provide treatment as directed by the Occupational Therapist. Adhere to standards of occupational medicine practice.
- Observe and evaluate treatment effect, discuss observations with staff Occupational Therapist.
- Perform components of an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provided and reassess as per policy.
- Assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation - make appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Meets the requirements for certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant established by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Current NC certification as Occupational Therapy Assistant required.
- Current BLS certification required.